Stasha of Monday Listicles asked us for 10 Thanks this week. Nobody does gratefulness like Jimmy Fallon. His Thank-You Notes make US grateful we have a DVR, because Erin goes to bed too early to see him live.
1. Thank you, summer, for exquisite sunsets and blogging for making it impossible to just sit here and enjoy it.
2. Thank you chemistry for protecting our kids from summer’s dangers with a marinade of DEET, chlorine, and SPF. Brussel Sprouts should totally counteract this.
3.Thank children for taking turns being pains in the asses over an entire week. It would totally suck to have a full day of summer bliss.
4. Thank you fabulously fit people at the pool for proving once and for all that the government guidelines regarding fitness are utter crap. If you want to walk up stairs without a coronary, thirty minutes a day is just fine. If you want to rock a bikini, you are gonna need to move into the gym and swap your kids for protein shakes.
5. Thank you easy breezy schedules for letting us sleep in every day, letting us hang out every evening, and giving our kids the freedom to constantly bug us for sleepovers. Nothing says easy like a house full of other people’s kids.
6. Thank you lower gas prices for making it possible for us to hang out in real life. Communicating with each other through our joint Twitter account was getting old and making us a little creepy to our followers.
7. Thank you, crazy people, for being consistent and keeping it up over the summer. We wouldn’t know what to do if you surprised us and gave us the summer off from your reign of insane.
8. Thank you air conditioning for preventing fratricide and swamp butt. Our kids appreciate living to see the light of a new day and, well, crack sweat is not attractive on anybody.
9. Thank you X-treme Sports for making us think we should teach our kids to paddle-board this summer. And kayak. And rock climb. And mountain bike. Instead of, you know, just swim.
10. Thank you soccer ball for hours of baby-sitting and all around knock-in-the-head fun, thus allowing us time to sit here and write this list when we could be watching the sunset.
And thank you Stasha for hosting Monday Listicles on your blog The Good life. It is always a cool place to hang complete with lovely sunsets, the most photogenic child, and a mammoth of a dog. Go check out Stasha’s gorgeous photographs and what everyone else is thankful for this week.
By Ellen Williams Erin Dymowski