It’s an appetizer! It’s pumpkin! It deserves to be in your belly right now! These savory little yummies are great on their own or dipped in some Honey Dijon dressing. Either way, this is one of those recipes that impresses. Keep it to yourself just how easy they are to make. –Ellen
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup finely diced onion
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh sage
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 cup Italian bredcrumbs
1 large egg, beaten
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 or 3 shakes of Tabasco sauce
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon pepper
Honey Dijon salad dressing for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lined a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion, and saute until tender and slightly browned, stirring frequently. Add garlic and chopped sage and cook 2 more minutes. Transfer to bowl.
3. Combine pumpkin puree, breadcrumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, sea salt, and pepper in the bowl with the onion mixture.
4. Form into 1 1/2 inch balls and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
5. Serve with Honey Dijon dressing.
Yield: 16 miniballs