Need a casual appetizer that is easy to make and transport? These pretzel bites are for you. They are so bursting with flavor you don’t need any additional dips or spreads. And they are so addictive and delicious, you won’t have to worry about bringing home leftovers. –Ellen
1 pound 12 ounce canister of sourdough hard pretzels
3/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons dill weed
3/4 teaspoon Old Bay (I’m usually free and easy with spices, but don’t use more than 3/4 teaspoons of Old Bay or your pretzels will be too salty.)
1. Heat oven to 200º. Line two baking sheets with foil. Set aside.
2. Break pretzels into bite size pieces, trying to split them so that the inner part of the pretzel is exposed because that is where the spices will coat. This is pretty easy to do with sourdough pretzels.
3. You can put the pieces in a ziploc bag, but I found it is easiest just to return them to their original canister. It makes it super easy to shake them to coat them with your seasonings, and you can store them in it, too. Plus you can just recycle the container when you’re done.
4. Whisk together the oil and seasonings, pour over the pretzels in the container, replace the lid and shake away!
5. Pour out the pretzels onto the two baking sheets and spread evenly.
6. Bake for 35 minutes, stirring twice during that time.
7. Allow to cool. Store in the canister. They will keep fresh for about 2 weeks.
Check out our books, “I Just Want to Be Alone” and “You Have Lipstick on Your Teeth.”
Have every post delivered to your inbox! You can opt out at any time, but you won’t want to.