Ask Me Another One

Last week Ellen was vacationing in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Meanwhile, Erin was living the good life in a beach cottage on the Potomac River in St. Mary’s County, MD.

We spent the week before together with our girlfriends and their kids in Janes Island, MD. Quite frankly, we have been traveling fools.

So we were quite happy when the lovely Stasha of Monday Listicles asked us to make a list answering questions. This seems right up our alley and completely doable with our toes in the sand and drinks in hand.

So, without further ado, here are our answers.

Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 23, and find line 4. What is it?

Ellen: Reading One Day by David Nicholls off of our beach bag reading list.  Very good read! “sceptical mum and dad, and set out in the mini-bus as if heading out on some great cause…”

Erin: I am loving The Sense Of An Ending by Julian Barnes so much that I wish we had added it the list above or our other beach bag list“Do you dance to it? Here? In your room? By yourself?”

How many times a day do you say Hi?

Ellen: A LOT this week. Even some holas. I’m friendly on vacation when there isn’t an old man harassing me like here.

Erin: I am almost friendly to a fault. Probably more times than I should. I have no crazy meter.

Have you ever worn a uniform?

Ellen: Scrubs and a white lab coat.

Erin: 8 years of Catholic school. I was also a candy striper in high school.

What do you think about the most?

Ellen: This week I was focused on my hubby. Does a marriage good.

Erin: Right now, I can’t stop thinking about how quickly time is moving. My oldest goes to college in three years, and my youngest starts kindergarten in the fall. Feeling very philosophical to avoid feeling anxiety over impending college or sadness over my baby being all grown up.

How many keys are on your keyring?

Ellen: 8, only two of which I use. Three of them are just there to use as weapons because I have no clue what they unlock, start, or secure.

Erin: 6, but I have 10 other non-key things attached to my key chain to make it big enough so I won’t lose them.

What was the last thing you bought?

Ellen: Kayaking/ziplining adventure.

Erin: The second curtain panel for my daughter’s window. Is this where we play “Whose life is more fun”?

Are you growing anything these days?

Ellen:  Tomatoes,  carrots, basil, eggplant, squash, cucumbers, cantaloupes, mint, rosemary, thai basil, cilantro. I wish I could grow avocadoes so I could make my own guacamole completely from scratch.  Hmmm, guess I would need a lime tree too.

Erin: A spider plant. It is the only thing that has half a shot. And even then it’s still looking a little sketchy.

Kinda ugly but hard to kill. Erin's kind of plant.

What is under your bed?

Ellen: Blissfully under my hotel bed: NOTHING!  At home in the real world: a dust bunny ranch crammed between ski clothes, purses, old college notebooks, and our emergency escape ladder.

Erin: Photo albums, weights, magazine articles (collected manually BEFORE Pinterest and never discarded), gift wrap, and more. I suspect this is where the other sock halves go to hang out.

What is most important in life?

Ellen: The people.  MY people.

Erin: Family. Whether it’s the one I was born into, married into, or made (including those friends who have crossed over), family is number one for me.

What is the strangest word you used this week?

Ellen: Tostones (plantains). Actually more delicious than weird.

Erin: Snozzcumber. I am reading The BFG by Roal Dahl to my little boys and giant-speak is pretty crazy.

Enjoy these long summer days!! Erin and Ellen

Share it real good . . .
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Share on StumbleUponShare on RedditEmail this to someonePrint this page

Comments

comments

30 Responses to “Ask Me Another One”

1. BonnyBard
    July 2, 2012 at 3:51 am #

I was trying to think which answer I liked the most, but I liked them all!
    BonnyBard recently posted..Monday Listicles – The totally random editionMy Profile

2. deborah l quinn
    July 2, 2012 at 4:37 am #

Oh I want a garden! I miss dirt (downside of living in an apartment building in the middle of a city. Upside: vegetable market next door). And your spider plant looks like the spider I used to have, which grew wildly and lopsidedly no matter what I did to it. Loved the Julian Barnes novel, was eh-eh with One Day. Have wonderful vacations!

July 3, 2012 at 12:01 am #

I want a vegetable market next door! I have done city living, though, and being without my own patch of “dirt” does make me a little antsy. Ellen

3. Stasha
    July 2, 2012 at 6:26 am #

Second curtain?! Very adventures!!
    Thank you for taking the time from your vacation to link up. You girls have a blast!
    Stasha recently posted..Monday listiclesMy Profile

July 2, 2012 at 7:18 am #

We are actually back from our vacations! We just created our Listicle WHILE on our vacations. I was sitting on my balcony before my husband got up and could not resist the Siren song of high speed Wi-fi on my smartphone. Your topic and list was so much fun, I had it typed out before hubby even asked if I was ready for coffee. Ellen

4. Kathy Kramer
    July 2, 2012 at 7:37 am #

I have a spider plant that keeps getting bigger and bigger. I’ve had to repot it three times.
    Kathy Kramer recently posted..Monday Listicles-RandomMy Profile

5. SouthMainMuse
    July 2, 2012 at 8:13 am #

Like Erin I show my true pack rat colors — if someone looks under my bed. Great pictures. Have a beautiful vacation.
    SouthMainMuse recently posted..A grab bag list of ten.My Profile

6. Wayne
    July 2, 2012 at 9:50 am #

I love words from childrens book. Such creative use of language.
    Wayne recently posted..Monday ListiclesMy Profile

7. Alison@Mama Wants This
    July 2, 2012 at 10:01 am #

That spider plant would probably freak me out daily if I had one :)
    Alison@Mama Wants This recently posted..Random Things You Probably Didn’t Want To Know But I’m Going To Tell You AnywayMy Profile

8. Stacey
    July 2, 2012 at 10:12 am #

Snozzcumber rocks!! Your vacations sound just blissful and I hope they are!

9. Jennifer Worrell
    July 2, 2012 at 10:19 am #

What great vacations! Enjoy!
    Jennifer Worrell recently posted..Questions About Domestication…and SEX!My Profile

10. Katie E
    July 2, 2012 at 11:04 am #

Great answers! The key one made me smile – I have so much other crap on mine too to prevent me from losing them!
    Katie E recently posted..Monday Listicles: Random QuestionsMy Profile

July 3, 2012 at 12:03 am #

I have this awesome key chain that is a plastic beaded tassel. I can grab that thing from anywhere in my purse. It’s like an octopus. Ellen

11. Susi
    July 2, 2012 at 1:43 pm #

Ellen, I’m so impressed with your garden and all the things you grow… any tips you’d like to share? And Erin, I’m with you… I go for the easy, non-killable plants!!! Great lists.
    Susi recently posted..Random questions, random answersMy Profile

July 2, 2012 at 11:58 pm #

I do the Square Foot Gardening. Raised beds are the best. Ellen

12. Jackie
    July 2, 2012 at 3:00 pm #

I love Roald Dahl. His books are so fabulously fantastic. I do hope you have recovered from all the vacation and I must admit, I am wildly jealous! It’s only day trips to the beach for us this summer. That’s what happens when you put central air conditioning in…bye bye vacation fund!
    Jackie recently posted..Monday Listicle: 10 QuestionsMy Profile

July 3, 2012 at 12:05 am #

Home repairs blow everything! So sorry. Glad you’re fairly close to the beach. Day trips hold their own brand of awesomeness. Ellen

13. Larks
    July 2, 2012 at 3:13 pm #

I am very much guilty of over-collecting keys… sigh.

Love Roald Dahl. He has a great way of coming up with words.

I’m impressed you two were able to coordinate joint listicle-ing while on vacation! Hope you both had fun!

July 3, 2012 at 12:09 am #

Smartphones make blogs go round. Plus having a partner halves the work. :) Ellen

14. Ally
    July 2, 2012 at 4:14 pm #

The contrast of what you both bought last was hilarious! :)
    Vacation, anywhere, sounds pretty good right now!
    Ally recently posted..Random Answers – Monday ListiclesMy Profile

15. Robbie
    July 2, 2012 at 8:39 pm #

so glad someone else is a key/random object hoarder for the sole purpose of making keys easy to locate.

looks like you both had amazing vacations.

Also reminded me that i was a candy striper and a pink lady.
    Robbie recently posted..Monday Listicles RandomMy Profile

16. Diane
    July 2, 2012 at 10:50 pm #

Can’t wait to pick a few books from your Beach Bag reading list!

I used to have a spider plant too…sadly it wasn’t hardy enough to withstand even my gardening skills. :(

Really enjoyed your lists! Diane

17. The Sisterhood
    July 3, 2012 at 12:13 am #

Hope you enjoy the books! Ellen

18. RoryBore
    July 3, 2012 at 4:35 am #

spider plants are great! at least one plant that will survive my being away on vacation for a week.

keys as weapons – love it! I used to have a mini billy stick and a whistle on my key chain when I was single and living alone. traded it in for 3 dirty and noisey children — they seem to scare everyone away quite nicely.
    RoryBore recently posted..Monday Listicles: Stasha AsksMy Profile

19. Audrey
    July 3, 2012 at 10:21 am #

OMG I totally forgot about the BFG! Thanks for the reminder! I am so jealous of all this traveling! And I feel like time is going too fast too :(
    Audrey recently posted..Monday Listicles – 10 random questionsMy Profile

20. Bridget
    July 4, 2012 at 1:45 am #

You’re both awesome. But it’s a little weird how much Erin and I have in common. Sophomores and kindergarteners? Ugh, me too. Also, I haven’t done any fun zip lining this week…
    Bridget recently posted..WTF WednesdayMy Profile

July 4, 2012 at 7:16 am #

I think that whenever i read your posts too, Bridget. Erin