10 Reasons Being A Kid with A Mom Who Blogs Rocks

It’s Monday Listicles time. This week is kid edition. The assignment was to list ten reasons why being a child is great. Or why it is not. It was up to us, so we talked to our kids.

We know our kids are some of the luckiest, most blessed kids on the planet. Pretty much everything about being a kid in one of our families rocks. When we asked them about their childhoods, most of them declined to comment (they were too busy running around enjoying this gorgeous spring weather), but we did hear some mutterings and complaints about the “stupid blog.” So, we’re going with that.  Erin and Ellen

10 Reasons Being A Kid with A Mom Who Blogs Rocks

One…

someecards.com - My mother used to bake cookies with me...but now she blogs and I pretty much raise myself.

Two (Direct quote from Jellybean)

someecards.com - So, Mom. Is this how this blogging thing is going to go? You just stealing my genius?

Three…

someecards.com - Nows that she blogs, my mom talks to me in Twitter slang.

Four…

someecards.com - I'm not sure my mother remembers my real name anymore, so I've learned to respond to my blog alias.

Five…

someecards.com - My mom used to actually make arts and crafts with me. Now she just pins them to her Pinterest

Six…

someecards.com - Love having to wait for my mom to edit her blog one more time before I can use the computer for my book report.

Seven…

someecards.com - My mom use to make me pancakes, but now I get all of the cold cereal I can forage for because she is busy making someecards.

Eight…

someecards.com - Once upon a time, my mother read bedtime stories to me. Now she just reads her blogger friends' status updates.

Nine…

someecards.com - I haven't had a hot meal since my mom started artfully plating and photographing every dinner for Pinterest.

Ten…

someecards.com - I miss the days before the blog. You know. When I could talk to my mom without her writing down everything I say.

Head on over to Monday Listicles and read some other great blogs. Or better yet, write your own list and link it up.

Comments

comments

44 Responses to “10 Reasons Being A Kid with A Mom Who Blogs Rocks”

1. Kerstin
    March 19, 2012 at 9:27 am #

Awesome! Especially number 10, I have been accused of that as well. I have also been known to ask my kids if they could make their statements in 140 characters or less.
    Kerstin recently posted..Memories Captured… in MarchMy Profile

2. jacqui
    March 19, 2012 at 9:36 am #

The cards are funny…yet they make me sad too. Maybe I’m too emotional right now to experience only one at once. :)
    jacqui recently posted..One Grateful Chick…My Profile

March 19, 2012 at 9:58 am #

Don’t be sad. These are so tongue-in-cheek that we are lucky we didn’t poke holes through the sides of our faces. :)

3. Moomser
    March 19, 2012 at 9:51 am #

I’m so pinning all of these!

4. christina
    March 19, 2012 at 10:10 am #

OMG i’m in tears. #tears
    these are so damn funny. each and everyone of them. #seriously
    i’m not sure which is my favorite.

5. Stasha
    March 19, 2012 at 12:55 pm #

Totally loving these. They are funny. And my husband does make me take photos of his dinners which end up a bit luke warm :)
    Stasha recently posted..Monday ListiclesMy Profile

6. Kim Pugliano @The G is Silent
    March 19, 2012 at 1:23 pm #

I don’t understand. #doesnotcompute

March 19, 2012 at 2:19 pm #

Silly rabbit. I think you could have written these yourself. Erin ; )

7. Stacey
    March 19, 2012 at 1:30 pm #

Oh, this is too funny!! I am always stealing my kids’ genius for blog posts – what else what I write about?! I did manage to make sugar cookies with my 2 year old this am (before he got bored and went to play cars). That must earn me some serious blog time later, right?? ;-)

8. Delilah
    March 19, 2012 at 1:51 pm #

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That was hysterical and sadly, they all apply at my house too. Our poor neglected children, it’s truly tragic. Ha! Thanks for the laugh today ladies, I needed it.
    Delilah recently posted..Dinners for DollarsMy Profile

9. Sharon {Grumpy, Sleepy, and Bashful}
    March 19, 2012 at 2:43 pm #

LOVE your list. What a great take on it. I might have to pin all of those :) You are hysterical, lady!!

Number two is absolutely.the.BEST. Isn’t that what we do? :)
    Sharon {Grumpy, Sleepy, and Bashful} recently posted..Therapon, Take Me Away {Giveaway!}My Profile

March 19, 2012 at 2:56 pm #

Glad you like it. We wrote it while Ellen was driving to pick up her brood, and I was making dinner, correcting homework, and guiding a project. Didn’t quite know how to make that into an eecard, but this is how we roll. ; ) Erin

10. Jamie
    March 19, 2012 at 3:30 pm #

Too Funny. Genius. And my children would agree with all.
    Jamie recently posted..Childhood is awesome seen through a few decades perspective.My Profile

11. Runnermom-jen
    March 19, 2012 at 5:46 pm #

Bwaaaahaaaahaaa!!! Oh my goodness, these crack me up!!! #2 is priceless!
    Great job, ladies!
    Runnermom-jen recently posted..Monday Listicles…Spring EditionMy Profile

March 19, 2012 at 7:53 pm #

We bloggy moms have to stick together. If our kids ever found each other, there could be an uprising. Erin

12. Kathy Radigan
    March 19, 2012 at 7:26 pm #

I just loved this!! I am always saying to the kids, “do you mind if I use this?” The worst though was when my oldest accused me of giving up on the annual taking of the Christmas card picture after 20 different tries: You have never given up before, you are just doing this so you have something to write about. I always knew that kid was brilliant! So glad I found you on Twitter, now happily following you and look forward to reading more!
    Kathy Radigan recently posted..Not My FamilyMy Profile

March 19, 2012 at 7:52 pm #

Thanks! Look forward to checking out your blog. Can’t wait to read about the Christmas Card. ; ) Erin

13. anna
    March 19, 2012 at 9:30 pm #

these are hilarious! once my kid said in front of everyone at a birthday party when i told her not to eat the giant, beautifully decorated cookie in the goodie bag (y’know for her health, since she had just had cake) “are you going to take a photo for your blog first?”

March 19, 2012 at 9:36 pm #

That is the best “My MOM blogs” story I have heard yet!! Thanks! Erin

14. ava
    March 19, 2012 at 10:28 pm #

So funny! :) I am close to being someone described on this cards!
    ava recently posted..10 Reasons Being A Kid RocksMy Profile

March 19, 2012 at 10:42 pm #

Thanks! My kids actually had fun helping me make the someecards. Although the 13 y/o and I did have a stare down over the computer on Sunday because she needed to finish her physics project. Consequently, I was finishing the post at midnight. :) Ellen

15. Audrey
    March 20, 2012 at 4:51 pm #

Bahahahahaha! This is awesome!
    Audrey recently posted..1st Guest PostMy Profile

16. Stacey
    March 20, 2012 at 11:04 pm #

Hahahaha! Seriously, best post ever!! It’s kind of sad that I have had to tell a kid to wait a couple of minutes to use the computer for homework because I am “working” on something! Such a great list!

17. Bridget
    March 21, 2012 at 12:17 am #

Oh my gosh! This is my favorite list this week!!

xoxoxo
    Bridget recently posted..Have Awesome Friends. Do Fun Things.My Profile

18. Recovering Supermom
    March 21, 2012 at 1:01 am #

I want this list to win an award. This was really, really funny! Thanks for the good laugh!
    Recovering Supermom recently posted..Ten Reasons Why Being a Kid RocksMy Profile

19. Helen
    March 21, 2012 at 9:14 am #

Love it – thankfully mine is blissfully unaware of blogging at the moment, i get plenty of stick about emails though!

20. Poppy
    March 21, 2012 at 10:21 am #

#guilty
    Poppy recently posted..We Were Her PeopleMy Profile

21. paul
    March 22, 2012 at 8:04 pm #

Hilarious, 9 is maybe my favourite. LOL
    paul recently posted..Is that all there is?My Profile

22. sara
    March 22, 2012 at 8:57 pm #

Love your list!! I have to say I’m guilty of hogging the computer/internet from everyone as we speak lol :)
    sara recently posted..A Vacay In PicsMy Profile

23. Melissa
    April 4, 2012 at 6:58 pm #

But at least all their woes are documented! ;)
    Melissa recently posted..how we rollMy Profile

24. Kelley
    April 12, 2012 at 5:12 pm #

This is so funny, so true and so sad! Ha! Not THAT sad. Just a little bit sad. I’m guilty of just about it all! Let’s get in one big support group!

(Thanks for linking this up to #findingthefunny last week!)
    Kelley recently posted..Rosie Jetson is my kids’ teacherMy Profile

25. The Sisterhood
    April 12, 2012 at 6:11 pm #

A support group sounds lovely. If by support group you mean a girls night out with plenty o’ wine and/or ‘ritas. We love #findingthefunny! Ellen

26. I Heart Pears
    April 22, 2012 at 12:06 pm #

Just found you through blog hop. Just followed you on Twitter, feel free to follow me at: http://iheartpears.blogspot.com
    I Heart Pears recently posted..What a fun and fresh idea! I might do a funky colo…My Profile

27. Desiree
    April 24, 2012 at 8:41 pm #

Wow. I just had one of the best laughs I’ve had in awhile. I can see all 10 of those being applied to my life when my kids are older.
    Desiree recently posted..A size I can remember.My Profile