May Bloggers Dance: Cruising

Erin: We are such fans of Stasha’s Monday Listicles because they always seem to coincide with things going on in our lives. Or maybe it’s just that between the two of us, we always have so much stuff going on that we can pretty much twist any topic to fit.

Ellen: This week’s topic was presented by Stacey from Mothering Moments in support of her wonderful new link up called ‘An Hour In A Day’.  We were asked to make a list of ten things that happen in an hour of our lives.

Erin: I started to list what happened in an hour of my day and I just couldn’t go on. Didn’t have the stomach for it. Didn’t want to see it in writing.

Ellen: So I took this puppy over because ALL OF THE HOURS of my past week have been consumed by making the #BloggersDance Party video for Kerry @HouseTalkN.

Erin: She is being soooooo melodramatic. It was only 30 hours.

Ellen: So without further ado,

TEN THINGS THAT TOOK PLACE DURING ANY RANDOM HOUR WHILE PRODUCING OUR VIDEO

1. Consult teenage daughter on how to make a movie in Movie Maker. Teenage daughter points out that I have yet to download any of my video clips. Good point.

2. Plug phone into the computer to download videos. Two of them will not download. Swear repeatedly as repeated attempts fail.

3. Resort to emailing the clips to myself off of my phone. Wait 1 hour because I have sporadic 3G coverage at my house. Yep, you read that correctly, that is one hour burned right there folks.

4 Spend hour waiting for email from myself by listening to scads of copyright free music. It ain’t all good or pretty, people.

5. Call Erin about sending her video clip to me.

6. Finally start making video. Realize that 3:54 minutes is an enormity of time to fill. Start to panic.

7. Call Erin for her video clip, AGAIN. Conversation starts with, “I don’t understand..” Realize I may just have to cut bait and move on.

8. Call friend to email me a compromising picture of Erin. Mary emails me the photo in five minutes. Mary moves to the top of my “Favorite Friend” list.

9. Cannot save video because I have maxed the memory on my computer. Spend three hours managing memory on my computer. Consume a glass of wine. Or two.

10. Long story immensely ( and blessedly) shortened: the video was produced and saved, uploaded to You Tube, and presented here for your viewing pleasure! Please let us know that the effort was worth it. Lie if you have to. We’re totally okay with that.

House Talkn

Join me on staceysmotheringmoments.com

Share it real good . . .
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Share on StumbleUponShare on RedditEmail this to someonePrint this page

Comments

comments

62 Responses to “May Bloggers Dance: Cruising”

1. HouseTalkN
    May 6, 2012 at 11:35 pm #

HOLY TITANIC! I love this! Erin really needs to stop dieting- she is a stick!
    THANK YOU!
    I am linking it up at the par-taaay!
    HouseTalkN recently posted..It’s A Dance Party, Y’all- Link Up Your Grooves!My Profile

May 7, 2012 at 7:07 am #

We had to live up to the precedent of hawtness set before us! Ellen

2. HouseTalkN
    May 6, 2012 at 11:37 pm #

You beat me to it! YAAAAAAAY!

3. Stacey
    May 6, 2012 at 11:39 pm #

What a frustrating process! And that sounds exactly like how it would go for me. It just figures that you didn’t have enough room on the computer for it! Way cute video!!

May 7, 2012 at 7:12 am #

We have a history of tech woes, but we are learning to power through! :)

So glad to have found your site through Stasha! Your concept for your link up is such a great idea! Ellen

4. Bruna (@beeswithhoney)
    May 7, 2012 at 12:11 am #

Oh my god, I loved it. Laughed and laughed. So cute. Great job!
    Bruna (@beeswithhoney) recently posted..coffee filter butterfliesMy Profile

5. Liz from WomanlyWoman.com
    May 7, 2012 at 12:55 am #

I already had a plan to do the chicken dance on my next video!!!! You’ll see it next month. :P
    Liz from WomanlyWoman.com recently posted..@coupontrade presents iPad3 + Tuxedo Case {Giveaway}My Profile

6. Diane
    May 7, 2012 at 1:21 am #

WOW…that was AMAZING!!!!! What a talented twosome! *groan* Sorry about that but the video really was fantastic! :D

May 7, 2012 at 7:15 am #

Thank you! It cracked us up, but you never know how it is going to play once you set it free in the world. :) Ellen

7. Stasha
    May 7, 2012 at 1:22 am #

Totally love it. Husband watched over my shoulder and requested to see from the beginning. Well worth 30 hours of work. So y’all went to this vacation to shoot a video? On location production-how posh!
    Stasha recently posted..Monday ListiclesMy Profile

May 7, 2012 at 7:04 am #

Thank you, Stasha! My youngest daughter, who did not support the filming of this thing at all, fell off of her chair laughing when she saw the finished product.

Sadly, Erin was not on this vacation, hence the issues with getting her in the video. Thank you Mary and MS Paint! Ellen

8. Alison@Mama Wants This
    May 7, 2012 at 3:42 am #

Is that move patented? Because I wanna do it!!!

You two are awesome.
    Alison@Mama Wants This recently posted..10 Things, 1 HourMy Profile

May 7, 2012 at 6:58 am #

My youngest daughter would be thrilled if you stole those moves and NEVER returned them! :) Ellen

9. Kyla
    May 7, 2012 at 7:02 am #

Love!!

10. hollow tree ventures
    May 7, 2012 at 8:58 am #

LOVE your video – you’re both such spectacular dancers! I wanted to participate (read: was scared to death), but I was sooo afraid of a computer debacle like yours, and if I know me (which I do) my computer would’ve gone through the window. :)
    hollow tree ventures recently posted..An Hour In A DayMy Profile

May 7, 2012 at 9:09 pm #

Robyn you know you wanna. Everybody’s doin’ it. It’ll make you feel good. :) Ellen

11. Werdyab
    May 7, 2012 at 10:00 am #

Loved it! If only your moves were on the Titanic, that ship would still be sailing the Seven Seas!

Tell Erin that I can relate. I had all kinds of technical difficulties with mine, too. (In fact, there a “Making of” video if you want to check out the hot mess for yourself). I asked my husband to help me, and let’s just say that I almost had to site “blogger dance challenge” in the divorce decree. ;)

May 7, 2012 at 11:33 am #

Oh I saw your “Making of” video. You gave me back a tiny piece of my sanity. For that, I will always be indebted to you.

I like how we crossed “Titanic” paths. ;) Ellen

12. Katie E
    May 7, 2012 at 10:41 am #

This is great – the hours were definitely worth it!
    Katie E recently posted..Monday Listicles: An Hour in a Day – Sunday 7:35 PMMy Profile

13. Jen
    May 7, 2012 at 10:55 am #

So from this video, I am going to make the assumption that the ‘chicken dance’ is your go to dance.

I like it.

:-)

Wooo Hooo!!! #BloggersDance

May 7, 2012 at 11:38 am #

It was a theme. Now I’ll be ready to wow you in the next video with my “real” dance moves. I’m stealth like that. Ellen

14. Angela Shelton
    May 7, 2012 at 11:12 am #

The Chicken!!
    Angela Shelton recently posted..#BLOGGERSDANCE Dance Off Video – MAYMy Profile

15. Paula Schuck
    May 7, 2012 at 12:27 pm #

Damn you gals are good at editing. Loved that. Awesome amazing fabulous fabulous especially stick Erin. Darn she can dance !

Paula
    @inkscrblr
    Paula Schuck recently posted..Viva La Vlog: Blockbuster Summer MoviesMy Profile

16. Mary
    May 7, 2012 at 12:48 pm #

I think a dance night is in our future. With Ellen doing the Chicken Dance and Erin the stick dance – I don’t know if I dare to get on the dance floor with the two of you – Your moves will bring the house down – lol!!

17. Anna
    May 7, 2012 at 1:21 pm #

They have to do a danceoff! That is the best idea ever!

18. Jackie
    May 7, 2012 at 2:42 pm #

Awesome, awesome awesomesauce!
    I do have to say, my favorite part was the Ellen Vs. Her Hair section during the windy time out on the deck of the ship!
    Jackie recently posted..Morning Wake-UpMy Profile

May 7, 2012 at 3:40 pm #

Okay, you made me laugh, Jackie! Ellen vs. Her Hair. I love it! Ellen

19. Runnermom-jen
    May 7, 2012 at 4:51 pm #

Hahahahahahaha!!! Thank you for the laugh!! I love the stick figure dancing-how can anyone follow that? ;)
    Hilarious.
    P.S. Technical difficulties are the worst!!! I hate wasting time on figuring things like that out.
    Runnermom-jen recently posted..One Hour a DayMy Profile

20. Audrey
    May 7, 2012 at 5:50 pm #

Ha ha ha I loved your video!!! How many people would stare at you awkwardly while you were dancing?
    Audrey recently posted..Monday Listicles – An Hour In My DayMy Profile

May 7, 2012 at 5:54 pm #

The weird thing is, they didn’t even really see me. The scene where she is pointing? She is looking right through me and almost walked into me. People are so oblivious that I really wasn’t making a spectacle of myself. Ellen

21. Yoli
    May 7, 2012 at 6:09 pm #

*laughing* that video is too funny! Y’all look like you had fun!
    Yoli recently posted..A typical hour…. it’s exciting to me!My Profile

22. stephanie
    May 7, 2012 at 7:23 pm #

So funny! To boldly continue through the wind whipping your hair across your face is impressive! Well, the whole thing was impressive. I loved it. And I mean it. No lie!
    stephanie recently posted..Don’t Know Much About Geography..My Profile

23. paul
    May 7, 2012 at 8:19 pm #

You made me spit my coffee all over my computer desk. It’ll take an hour to clean it. Hilarious, the Chicken Dance and pole dancing, never did I think I would see the two together. You two crack me up. Great job.
    paul recently posted..A Cinderfella StoryMy Profile

May 7, 2012 at 9:30 pm #

You forgot the stick dancing. Never forget the stick dancing. ;) Ellen

• paul
        May 9, 2012 at 7:22 pm #

Too true, who would have guessed Erin was such a good line dancer, cowboy hat and all LOL
        paul recently posted..The Soundtack of ShameMy Profile

May 9, 2012 at 10:22 pm #

Oh my gosh! You are right! SHE’S A LINE DANCER! Ellen

24. Susi
    May 7, 2012 at 9:58 pm #

Sounds like a process. And I was going to try my hand at vlogging. Eeek. Thank goodness for teenage daughters… Unfortunately, I can’t see the video… it says missing plugin. :(
    Susi recently posted..The first hourMy Profile

25. Julia
    May 7, 2012 at 10:33 pm #

So much fun! Loved it.
    Julia recently posted..Bloggers Dance Off May!My Profile

26. Jennifer
    May 7, 2012 at 10:44 pm #

Ellen! You are a Chicken Goddess! Even rocking the bikini! And a pole dancer to boot. I bow down to you.

Erin, The cowgirl hat rocks. But I agree, stick figures are so 1980.

XO
    Jennifer recently posted..Ah, Nature!My Profile

May 7, 2012 at 11:28 pm #

Thank you for mentioning the elephant in the room! Me dancing in my bathing suit. I was so desperate for footage that I used it. You saw my tech woes. By the time I had my tech problems worked out, I did not give enough of a crap to film anything else. My teen daughter thought it was okay so I was like “Meh.” Ellen

And Erin was lucky I only did stick figures ;)

27. Kerstin
    May 7, 2012 at 10:52 pm #

That is AWESOME! Absolutely love it.
    Love the list and love the video!
    Kerstin recently posted..What we fit into one hour – it’s a Monday Listicle!My Profile

28. Recovering Supermom
    May 8, 2012 at 1:11 am #

Sweet dance moves! :) My favorite clip is when the Ellen is pole dancing and the person in the background runs in, swings around the pole and runs away. Love those kind of background details. :)
    Nice work on the video!
    Recovering Supermom recently posted..An Hour in a Day: The Morning RushMy Profile

May 8, 2012 at 6:27 am #

That’s my favorite part too! It makes me laugh every time I see it. Erin

29. Katie@SomewhatSaneMom
    May 8, 2012 at 6:48 am #

LOVE it!!! You are brave…you did it in public! I was in the privacy of my living room, but you may have inspired me for next month;)
    Katie@SomewhatSaneMom recently posted..Clouds Suck and So Does Being the Early BirdMy Profile

May 8, 2012 at 12:11 pm #

Our wheels are already spinning. I am thinking we might need costumes!! Erin

30. Kim@Mamamzungu
    May 8, 2012 at 7:56 am #

You guys are the absolute best!! Pairing the chicken dance with techno music? Inspired!

I’ve made one video in my life (snippets of our homeymoon) and it sucked at least 30 hours of my life, which I will never get back. Damn you Movie Maker!!!
    Kim@Mamamzungu recently posted..An Hour In My Day – BloggingMy Profile

May 8, 2012 at 12:12 pm #

We’ll do just about anything if it makes us laugh. Thanks, Erin

31. jacqui
    May 8, 2012 at 8:27 am #

You’re both very talented dancers! Quite impressive.
    jacqui recently posted..I Apologize In Advance…My Profile

32. Ado
    May 8, 2012 at 11:52 am #

OH MY GOD I LOVED THIS!!!!
    Sure, “Erin could not upload her video.” Uh-huh!
    This was fantastic!!!! I love your ducky-dance – and I can tell it’s very brave of you because it’s not your normal “thing” to dance in public. You deserve a medal! FAB!
    Ado recently posted..The Psychopath Test For MomsMy Profile

May 8, 2012 at 12:14 pm #

She really does!! Thanks for giving Ellen the props she sooooooo deserves! Erin

33. Rach (DonutsMama)
    May 8, 2012 at 3:37 pm #

Technical stuff boggles my brain. Very cute video!
    Rach (DonutsMama) recently posted..Monday Listicles: A Day in the LifeMy Profile

34. Jennifer
    May 8, 2012 at 9:58 pm #

I love #9 – that is SO my luck!
    Jennifer recently posted..MomentumMy Profile

35. Jack@TheJackB
    May 9, 2012 at 12:46 am #

I can chicken dance and I can two step- but I don’t know that I can do either one on video. Pretty cool.
    Jack@TheJackB recently posted..Blogging With Passion and PurposeMy Profile

36. Mama, Hear Me Roar
    May 9, 2012 at 2:05 pm #

Brilliant dancing! Now I gotta watch again to learn some moves!
    Mama, Hear Me Roar recently posted..The hour when Mother napsMy Profile

37. Jennifer Worrell
    May 9, 2012 at 8:33 pm #

I knew y’all were cool, but your awesomesauceness just skyrocketed off the charts for me:) LOVE the vid!
    Jennifer Worrell recently posted..One Hour: Ten ClustersMy Profile

38. Amber
    May 9, 2012 at 10:39 pm #

Ha ha! I love how the wind made you add in a whole ‘nother move to the dance! Cute!
    Amber recently posted..Sometimes you abandon your blog…My Profile

39. Kimberly S. (Sperk*)
    May 13, 2012 at 8:04 am #

I am just getting to looking at the #BloggersDance videos and, oh, what a treat! Glad you were able to figure out the technical stuff to get it posted. What program did you use to create Erin’s dance? Fun stuff, makes me love you even more! ;)
    Kimberly S. (Sperk*) recently posted..However: PTSDMy Profile

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Blogger’s Dance…Respect! | Kvetch Mom - May 23, 2012

[...] soul sisters for the inspiration (and big hairy balls): HouseTalkN (rocking the Ellen Degeneres), Sisterhood of the Sensible Moms (pole dancing, who knew?!) and The Bearded Iris (best Sprinkler I’ve ever [...]

2. 5 Ways Starting To Blog Is Like Starting Middle School | Sisterhood of the Sensible Moms - November 9, 2012

[...] your post to a list of other blogs. You conga line from blog to blog mingling and reading. There is dancing and laughing. Everything is great until you forget to do your homework. You’ve been so busy [...]

3. Evil Joy Lurks Beneath the Surface of The Sisterhood | Sisterhood of the Sensible Moms - February 18, 2013

[...] so worth every hour spent, tear shed, and drop of alcohol consumed. You can read the original post here. Or just get your boogie on with the video . . [...]